Gunbattle on in J&K’s Kulgam district; two security men injured
Srinagar: At least two security personnel,
including a Special Police Officer, were injured Wednesday evening
when militants opened fire on security forces, triggering a
gunbattle, at a village in Kulgam district of South Kashmir,
official sources said.
SPO Zahoor Ahmad and a soldier were injured when
militants, hiding at village Khazanbal near Tangmarg, 75 km
from here, opened indiscriminate fire on a joint search party
of the police and Rashtriya Rifles, sources said.
They said the security forces returned the fire and a
gunbattle was going on between the two sides when last reports
Reinforcements have rushed to the village to plug all
escape routes so that the militants cannot flee the area, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users