Gunfight on in Kashmir village
Srinagar: A gunfight erupted Wednesday evening between guerrillas holed-up in a house and security forces in central Kashmir`s Budgam district, police said.
A senior police officer told IANS that security forces, on a tip-off, surrounded a house in Hushroo village of Budgam district Wednesday afternoon.
“When the security forces were closing in, the holed-up militants fired at them, triggering an encounter, which is still on in the village,” the officer said.
Two separatist guerrillas are believed to be in the house, which they are using as a fortified bunker to fire at surrounding security forces.
Till last reports came in at 6.30 p.m., the gunfight was still on even though darkness had descended on the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj