Guns fall silent, no fresh truce violation by Pakistan
Jammu: There was no fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control and International Border in Jammu and Kashmir since last evening after nearly 10 days of intermittent firing and shelling from across the border.
"There is no ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops along the IB in Jammu region since yesterday," a BSF officer said here on Tuesday.
"Guns have fallen silent since yesterday," a Defence spokesman said.
There was no report of any truce violation along the LoC in Poonch and Rajouri sectors in Jammu division, he said.
On August 17-18, Pakistani Rangers violated the ceasefire in Arnia and R S Pura sub-sectors in Jammu and in Kupwara district in Kashmir, opening unprovoked firing at Indian forward posts that left a villager injured.
On August 14, Pakistani troops targeted Indian border posts along the LoC in Hamirpur sector in Poonch district. Two more ceasefire violations took place in Balakote (Mendhar) and Hamirpur sectors on the same day.
A day earlier, Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing at Indian forward posts along the LoC in Bhimbher Gali sector in Poonch injuring a jawan.
On August 12, Pakistani Rangers shelled and fired at five BoPs and civilian areas along the IB in Arnia-R S Pura areas in Jammu district.
Two BSF jawans were among four persons injured on August 11 when Pakistani troops opened firing at 10 border out posts and civilian areas along the IB in Arnia and R S Pura belts in Jammu district.
On August 10, Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire by targeting Indian forward posts with small arms and automatic weapons along the LoC in Mendhar sector in Poonch district.
Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire on August 8 by resorting to unprovoked firing at Indian forward posts along the LoC in Bhimbher Gali sector in Poonch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’