Guv asks officials to chart out plan for next Amarnath yatra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra has asked top officials of Amarnath Shrine Board to formulate a foolproof strategy for the conduct of the next year`s pilgrimage.
Governor Vohra asked the Chief Executive Office of SASB to convene an early meeting with all the stakeholders and officers concerned to formulate a well considered strategy for conducting the next yatra in 2013, an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said Governor Vohra paid a surprise visit to the Nunwan base camp near Pahalgam yesterday and reviewed medicare, sanitation, security and all other arrangements made for the ongoing yatra.
He interacted with the doctors and para-medical staff at the base camp and asked them to conduct a thorough health check of all the yatris visiting medical aid centres before they are allowed for onward journey.
The Governor directed the CEO to prepare a camp and route-wise action plan for the 2013 yatra, immediately after the culmination of this year`s yatra on August 2, he said.
Vohra stressed that route-wise arrangements of all aspects of the yatra must be worked out in advance with focus especially on medicare, sanitation, cleanliness, water and power supply and other facilities.
The Governor, who is the SASB Chairman, was accompanied by CEO SASB Navin K Choudhary and other senior officers of local administration.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram