Guv asks officials to chart out plan for next Amarnath yatra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra has asked top officials of Amarnath Shrine Board to formulate a foolproof strategy for the conduct of the next year`s pilgrimage.
Governor Vohra asked the Chief Executive Office of SASB to convene an early meeting with all the stakeholders and officers concerned to formulate a well considered strategy for conducting the next yatra in 2013, an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said Governor Vohra paid a surprise visit to the Nunwan base camp near Pahalgam yesterday and reviewed medicare, sanitation, security and all other arrangements made for the ongoing yatra.
He interacted with the doctors and para-medical staff at the base camp and asked them to conduct a thorough health check of all the yatris visiting medical aid centres before they are allowed for onward journey.
The Governor directed the CEO to prepare a camp and route-wise action plan for the 2013 yatra, immediately after the culmination of this year`s yatra on August 2, he said.
Vohra stressed that route-wise arrangements of all aspects of the yatra must be worked out in advance with focus especially on medicare, sanitation, cleanliness, water and power supply and other facilities.
The Governor, who is the SASB Chairman, was accompanied by CEO SASB Navin K Choudhary and other senior officers of local administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city