Guv asks officials to chart out plan for next Amarnath yatra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra has asked top officials of Amarnath Shrine Board to formulate a foolproof strategy for the conduct of the next year`s pilgrimage.
Governor Vohra asked the Chief Executive Office of SASB to convene an early meeting with all the stakeholders and officers concerned to formulate a well considered strategy for conducting the next yatra in 2013, an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said Governor Vohra paid a surprise visit to the Nunwan base camp near Pahalgam yesterday and reviewed medicare, sanitation, security and all other arrangements made for the ongoing yatra.
He interacted with the doctors and para-medical staff at the base camp and asked them to conduct a thorough health check of all the yatris visiting medical aid centres before they are allowed for onward journey.
The Governor directed the CEO to prepare a camp and route-wise action plan for the 2013 yatra, immediately after the culmination of this year`s yatra on August 2, he said.
Vohra stressed that route-wise arrangements of all aspects of the yatra must be worked out in advance with focus especially on medicare, sanitation, cleanliness, water and power supply and other facilities.
The Governor, who is the SASB Chairman, was accompanied by CEO SASB Navin K Choudhary and other senior officers of local administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued