Guv lauds Sopori`s efforts in promoting J&K’s culture across country
Jammu: Lauding Pt Bhajan Sopori for his contribution to the growth of music, Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra on Friday said that the Santoor maestro has lend a great support in showcasing the state`s rich cultural heritage across the country.
"Sopori Academy of Music and Performing Arts has made valuable contribution in bringing music to the masses and showcasing J&K`s rich cultural heritage across the country and abroad," Vohra said.
He was speaking at the Valedictory Function of the SaMaPa Aalap Festival 2013, organized by the Academy, at the Jodhamal Public School, here.
"I have witnessed the performances of both Pt Bhajan Sopori and Mr Abhay Rustum Sopori in the past but today`s participative musical performance by Pt Bhajan Sopori was altogether outstanding and enchanting," he said.
The Governor, who is also the Chairman of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board, said that he has known Sopori ever since he was inducted as a member of the Shrine Board and added that the Board has "benefited immensely" from his views.
Vohra also felicitated Sopori and other dignitaries including Principal Secretary to the Governor Navin K Choudhary, on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days