Guv lauds Sopori`s efforts in promoting J&K’s culture across country
Jammu: Lauding Pt Bhajan Sopori for his contribution to the growth of music, Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra on Friday said that the Santoor maestro has lend a great support in showcasing the state`s rich cultural heritage across the country.
"Sopori Academy of Music and Performing Arts has made valuable contribution in bringing music to the masses and showcasing J&K`s rich cultural heritage across the country and abroad," Vohra said.
He was speaking at the Valedictory Function of the SaMaPa Aalap Festival 2013, organized by the Academy, at the Jodhamal Public School, here.
"I have witnessed the performances of both Pt Bhajan Sopori and Mr Abhay Rustum Sopori in the past but today`s participative musical performance by Pt Bhajan Sopori was altogether outstanding and enchanting," he said.
The Governor, who is also the Chairman of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board, said that he has known Sopori ever since he was inducted as a member of the Shrine Board and added that the Board has "benefited immensely" from his views.
Vohra also felicitated Sopori and other dignitaries including Principal Secretary to the Governor Navin K Choudhary, on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray