Guv returns J&K CIC appointment file as it lacked CVC clearance
Jammu: The file for the appointment of GR Sofi as the first State Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir has been returned by Governor NN Vohra as it did not have the mandatory Central Vigilance Commission clearance.
The file was returned by the Governor as it did not carry the mandatory CVC clearance, officials said.
The government will seek CVC clearance before putting it up again before the Governor for clearance, they said.
The name of Sofi, 59, was decided after a meeting of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, leader of Opposition Mehbooba Mufti and Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand.
Sofi, currently working as Chief Income Commissioner (Amritsar Division), will be in the post till he attains the age of 65 years or any order thereof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read