Guv returns J&K CIC appointment file as it lacked CVC clearance
Jammu: The file for the appointment of GR Sofi as the first State Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir has been returned by Governor NN Vohra as it did not have the mandatory Central Vigilance Commission clearance.
The file was returned by the Governor as it did not carry the mandatory CVC clearance, officials said.
The government will seek CVC clearance before putting it up again before the Governor for clearance, they said.
The name of Sofi, 59, was decided after a meeting of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, leader of Opposition Mehbooba Mufti and Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand.
Sofi, currently working as Chief Income Commissioner (Amritsar Division), will be in the post till he attains the age of 65 years or any order thereof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj