Guv returns J&K CIC appointment file as it lacked CVC clearance
Jammu: The file for the appointment of GR Sofi as the first State Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir has been returned by Governor NN Vohra as it did not have the mandatory Central Vigilance Commission clearance.
The file was returned by the Governor as it did not carry the mandatory CVC clearance, officials said.
The government will seek CVC clearance before putting it up again before the Governor for clearance, they said.
The name of Sofi, 59, was decided after a meeting of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, leader of Opposition Mehbooba Mufti and Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand.
Sofi, currently working as Chief Income Commissioner (Amritsar Division), will be in the post till he attains the age of 65 years or any order thereof.
- Vijay Mallya's resignation from Rajya Sabha rejected; panel recommends expulsion
- Call drops: Telecom companies under heavy debt, SC told
- This is why government unable to ink Rafale fighter jet deal!
- Parliament panel set to recommend Vijay Mallya's expulsion from Rajya Sabha
- Nirbhaya-like rape in Kerala: NHRC issues notice to state govt