Guv returns J&K CIC appointment file as it lacked CVC clearance
Jammu: The file for the appointment of GR Sofi as the first State Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir has been returned by Governor NN Vohra as it did not have the mandatory Central Vigilance Commission clearance.
The file was returned by the Governor as it did not carry the mandatory CVC clearance, officials said.
The government will seek CVC clearance before putting it up again before the Governor for clearance, they said.
The name of Sofi, 59, was decided after a meeting of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, leader of Opposition Mehbooba Mufti and Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand.
Sofi, currently working as Chief Income Commissioner (Amritsar Division), will be in the post till he attains the age of 65 years or any order thereof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP