Guv returns J&K CIC appointment file as it lacked CVC clearance
Jammu: The file for the appointment of GR Sofi as the first State Information Commissioner of Jammu and Kashmir has been returned by Governor NN Vohra as it did not have the mandatory Central Vigilance Commission clearance.
The file was returned by the Governor as it did not carry the mandatory CVC clearance, officials said.
The government will seek CVC clearance before putting it up again before the Governor for clearance, they said.
The name of Sofi, 59, was decided after a meeting of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, leader of Opposition Mehbooba Mufti and Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand.
Sofi, currently working as Chief Income Commissioner (Amritsar Division), will be in the post till he attains the age of 65 years or any order thereof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?