Hafiz Saeed calls for jihad to `free Kashmir`
Islamabad: Continuing his anti-India
rant, the chief of Jamaat-ud-Dawah Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, has
now said that `jihad` is the only way to free Jammu and
Kashmir from the "Indian yoke".
Saeed, who India blames for masterminding the 2008
Mumbai attacks, made the remarks while addressing a meeting of
JuD workers at the Jamia Masjid Mukarram at Daska in Punjab
He said the sacrifices of "Kashmiri martyrs would soon
become fruitful and the sun of freedom of Kashmir will rise
Increasing human rights violations, custodial killings
and "genocide of innocent Kashmiris" by Indian security
forces, he said, were "enough to shake the conscience of the
Saeed was put under house arrest for about six months
after the UN Security Council banned the JuD in the wake of
the Mumbai attacks but was freed on the orders of the Lahore
High Court last year.
Even as India insists that Saeed, who was the founder
of Lashkar-e-Taiba, masterminded the Mumbai terror attack, the
Pakistan government has ruled out his arrest, saying India has
not provided any evidence linking him to the incident.
Saeed, who has been lashing out at India in recent
months, had blamed New Delhi for perpetuating what he called
"water terrorism" against Pakistan, and said the next war
between India and Pakistan could be fought over water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi