Halt talks with Hurriyat: BJP
Jammu: Demanding immediate arrest of the
killers of the two teenaged sisters in Sopore, the BJP on Wednesday
opposed any talks with the Hurriyat Conference or militant
groups till they accept the writ of the government.
"All talks with Hurriyat and militants should be
stopped immediately unless and until government writ is
accepted," BJP spokesperson Ramesh Arora said here while
calling for a crackdown on militant outfits.
"Talks and negotiations are meant for peace loving
citizens and for those who have faith in the Constitution and
not for extremists," he said.
The party said that merely condemning or expressing
concern over such tragic episodes is not sufficient. "It is
duty of the state government to arrest all culprits
immediately without further delay to restore confidence among
The party said that "it is of grave concern that human
right activists are not coming out of their caves to condemn
"Militants are killers, killers and killers only,
without any ideology and sympathy for humanity," Arora said.
Meanwhile, the BJP condemned the statement of Union
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad in which he had said that an
RSS man was responsible for Mahatama Gandhi`s assassination.
"After assassination of Gandhi a commission, which was
constituted to inquire into the incident, had said that there
were no links of RSS with Gandhi`s killing," former state
president of BJP and member of National Executive Nirmal Singh
He said that "before levelling charges against the RSS
the Congress should remember the massacre of hundreds of
innocent Sikhs in 1984" and take action against the leaders
involved in the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'