Handwara killing: Kupwara ADM appointed as inquiry officer
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has appointed Kupwara additional district magistrate as the inquiry officer to probe into the killing of a youth in an Army ambush in Handwara area.
"The District Magistrate Kupwara has appointed Additional District Magistrate Itrat Hussain as the inquiry officer into the killing of Manzoor Ahmad Magray alias Bilal," an official spokesman said.
He said Hussain was yesterday appointed as the inquiry officer into the incident leading to death of Magray in an Army ambush at Chogul in Handwara area on February 5.
Any person or persons acquainted with the facts of the incident were directed to record their statements before the inquiry officer till February 26 during office hours, the spokesman said.
The Army had ordered an internal inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP