Handwara killing: Kupwara ADM appointed as inquiry officer
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has appointed Kupwara additional district magistrate as the inquiry officer to probe into the killing of a youth in an Army ambush in Handwara area.
"The District Magistrate Kupwara has appointed Additional District Magistrate Itrat Hussain as the inquiry officer into the killing of Manzoor Ahmad Magray alias Bilal," an official spokesman said.
He said Hussain was yesterday appointed as the inquiry officer into the incident leading to death of Magray in an Army ambush at Chogul in Handwara area on February 5.
Any person or persons acquainted with the facts of the incident were directed to record their statements before the inquiry officer till February 26 during office hours, the spokesman said.
The Army had ordered an internal inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa