Hardline Hurriyat Conference activist arrested in Anantnag
Srinagar: An activist of the hardline
Hurriyat Conference was arrested from south Kashmir`s Anantnag
district and an AK rifle recovered on the basis of his
interrogation, a police spokesman said on Monday.
"During the intervening night, police along with
troops of Nine Rashtriya Rifles of the Army and 96 Battalion
CRPF arrested Mohammad Younis Bhat and recovered one AK-47 on
his disclosure," he said.
He said Bhat is an active member of Hurriyat headed by
Syed Ali Shah Geelani and was involved in fomenting unrest
A fresh case has been registered against Bhat in
Achabal Police station.
He was arrested earlier also in another case under
relevant section of the Illegal Arms Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead