Hardline Hurriyat Conference condemns Alam`s arrest
Srinagar: The hardline faction of
Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday condemned the arrest of its leader
Masarat Alam, saying such measures "will not weaken our
resolve" though it has created a vaccum.
"Arrests and other things are part of our struggle for
right of self-determination," Chairman of the hardline faction
of Hurriyat Conference Syed Ali Shah Geelani said in a
He said while on one hand there are talks about
initiation of dialogue and release of political prisoners, but
on the other the arrest of political leaders is continuing
"Alam is a prominent political personality and was
actively participating in overground activities but the
government is presenting his arrest in such a way as he was a
militant and had gone underground," the Hurriyat leader said.
He said "Alam evaded arrest at the hands of police for
sometime in the interest of the ongoing struggle. Police
should treat him as a political leader."
Meanwhile, a spokesperson of the faction said Geelani
will participate in a seminar on Kashmir in New Delhi on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!