Hardline Hurriyat Conference condemns Alam`s arrest
Srinagar: The hardline faction of
Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday condemned the arrest of its leader
Masarat Alam, saying such measures "will not weaken our
resolve" though it has created a vaccum.
"Arrests and other things are part of our struggle for
right of self-determination," Chairman of the hardline faction
of Hurriyat Conference Syed Ali Shah Geelani said in a
He said while on one hand there are talks about
initiation of dialogue and release of political prisoners, but
on the other the arrest of political leaders is continuing
"Alam is a prominent political personality and was
actively participating in overground activities but the
government is presenting his arrest in such a way as he was a
militant and had gone underground," the Hurriyat leader said.
He said "Alam evaded arrest at the hands of police for
sometime in the interest of the ongoing struggle. Police
should treat him as a political leader."
Meanwhile, a spokesperson of the faction said Geelani
will participate in a seminar on Kashmir in New Delhi on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?