Havaldar killed, two injured in landmine blast near LoC
Jammu: A police constable was on Saturday killed and two jawans were injured in a landmine blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district, police said here.
Havaldar H Rai was killed and two jawans were injured when the mine exploded accidentally near Nawar Gali in Mankote area of Poonch district at around 0630 hours today, they said.
The victims were evacuated from the spot and the injured were rushed to hospital for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, two landmine blasts took place at zero line in Balakote sector in the same district at around 0500 hours.
However, no loss of life or injury was reported, they said, adding these blasts may have occurred due to crossing of a wild animal over the minefield in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice