Havaldar killed, two injured in landmine blast near LoC
Jammu: A police constable was on Saturday killed and two jawans were injured in a landmine blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district, police said here.
Havaldar H Rai was killed and two jawans were injured when the mine exploded accidentally near Nawar Gali in Mankote area of Poonch district at around 0630 hours today, they said.
The victims were evacuated from the spot and the injured were rushed to hospital for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, two landmine blasts took place at zero line in Balakote sector in the same district at around 0500 hours.
However, no loss of life or injury was reported, they said, adding these blasts may have occurred due to crossing of a wild animal over the minefield in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?