Havaldar killed, two injured in landmine blast near LoC
Jammu: A police constable was on Saturday killed and two jawans were injured in a landmine blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district, police said here.
Havaldar H Rai was killed and two jawans were injured when the mine exploded accidentally near Nawar Gali in Mankote area of Poonch district at around 0630 hours today, they said.
The victims were evacuated from the spot and the injured were rushed to hospital for treatment, they said.
Meanwhile, two landmine blasts took place at zero line in Balakote sector in the same district at around 0500 hours.
However, no loss of life or injury was reported, they said, adding these blasts may have occurred due to crossing of a wild animal over the minefield in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley