HC quashes detention of 8 persons under PSA, to be released
Srinagar: Two days ahead of Id-ul Azha,
Jammu and Kashmir High Court Monday quashed the detention of
eight persons under the Public Safety Act (PSA).
Justice Hasnain Masoodi passed the orders quashing the
detention under the PSA, which provides for imprisonment of a
person for two years without trial, and directed the state
government to release them if they were not wanted in any
Those who are to be released include Ghulam Jeelani
Najar, Roshan Din, Irfan Ahmad Pampori, Manzoor Ahmad Mir,
Alam Din, Bashir Ahmad Shiekh and Shakeel Ahmad Malik.
Id-ul-Adha will be celebrated on November 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees