Head of religious institute in J&K held on rape charges
Srinagar: A head of a religious institute was arrested in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir following alleged complaints of rape against him by girl students of the institute, police said.
Gulzar Ahmad Bhat, who is running the institute in Khansahib area, was arrested after police received joint complaints from four minor girls, alleging that he has been sexually exploiting them over a period of time, police said.
A case has been registered in Khansahib police station and the investigations are in progress, they said.
The statements of the victims have been recorded before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Budgam which corroborate the complaint, police said.
The victims, who hail from different districts of the Valley, have been medically examined and the report is awaited.
The investigation reveals that the institute was running for several years and the boarding and lodging is being provided to the students by the head, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail