Head of religious institute in J&K held on rape charges
Srinagar: A head of a religious institute was arrested in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir following alleged complaints of rape against him by girl students of the institute, police said.
Gulzar Ahmad Bhat, who is running the institute in Khansahib area, was arrested after police received joint complaints from four minor girls, alleging that he has been sexually exploiting them over a period of time, police said.
A case has been registered in Khansahib police station and the investigations are in progress, they said.
The statements of the victims have been recorded before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Budgam which corroborate the complaint, police said.
The victims, who hail from different districts of the Valley, have been medically examined and the report is awaited.
The investigation reveals that the institute was running for several years and the boarding and lodging is being provided to the students by the head, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog