Health sector is priority of J&K govt: Deputy CM
Jammu: Recognising that health sector is priority area for the state government, J&K Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand has said that it is working towards bringing modern medical facilities and improving health-care infrastructure in rural areas of the region.
"Health sector is priority area and work on the road map to extend modern medical facilities to every nook and corner of the state is underway", Chand said last evening while chairing a high-level meeting held to review the health sector scenario in rural and border belts of Khour in Akhnoor area of Jammu.
"On one hand existing medical institutes are being upgraded to super speciality levels and on the other all out efforts are being made to ensure that required medical care centres are established in remotest possible areas of the state," he said.
The Deputy CM noted that people living in the border and remote areas are poor and it is difficult for them to come to urban health centres. It is important that the centres operating in these areas are supplemented with required staff and equipment, he added.
Chand said that shortage of staff should be attended at appropriate levels and doctors as well as para medical staff must be posted in Primary Health Centres of Dhanga, Pallanwala and other centres.
He said generator sets for all PHCs must be provided for round-the-clock service and also gave directions for purchase of mobile medical unit and two fully equipped ambulances, besides one critical care ambulance.
Chand said health-care centre infrastructures need repair and renovation, so the work must be started on priority and wherever required residential quarters should be constructed.
He said NRHM is a flagship mission and its proper implementation in rural areas can go a long way in addressing the health-care needs of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'