Health sector is priority of J&K govt: Deputy CM
Jammu: Recognising that health sector is priority area for the state government, J&K Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand has said that it is working towards bringing modern medical facilities and improving health-care infrastructure in rural areas of the region.
"Health sector is priority area and work on the road map to extend modern medical facilities to every nook and corner of the state is underway", Chand said last evening while chairing a high-level meeting held to review the health sector scenario in rural and border belts of Khour in Akhnoor area of Jammu.
"On one hand existing medical institutes are being upgraded to super speciality levels and on the other all out efforts are being made to ensure that required medical care centres are established in remotest possible areas of the state," he said.
The Deputy CM noted that people living in the border and remote areas are poor and it is difficult for them to come to urban health centres. It is important that the centres operating in these areas are supplemented with required staff and equipment, he added.
Chand said that shortage of staff should be attended at appropriate levels and doctors as well as para medical staff must be posted in Primary Health Centres of Dhanga, Pallanwala and other centres.
He said generator sets for all PHCs must be provided for round-the-clock service and also gave directions for purchase of mobile medical unit and two fully equipped ambulances, besides one critical care ambulance.
Chand said health-care centre infrastructures need repair and renovation, so the work must be started on priority and wherever required residential quarters should be constructed.
He said NRHM is a flagship mission and its proper implementation in rural areas can go a long way in addressing the health-care needs of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog