Health sector is priority of J&K govt: Deputy CM
Jammu: Recognising that health sector is priority area for the state government, J&K Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand has said that it is working towards bringing modern medical facilities and improving health-care infrastructure in rural areas of the region.
"Health sector is priority area and work on the road map to extend modern medical facilities to every nook and corner of the state is underway", Chand said last evening while chairing a high-level meeting held to review the health sector scenario in rural and border belts of Khour in Akhnoor area of Jammu.
"On one hand existing medical institutes are being upgraded to super speciality levels and on the other all out efforts are being made to ensure that required medical care centres are established in remotest possible areas of the state," he said.
The Deputy CM noted that people living in the border and remote areas are poor and it is difficult for them to come to urban health centres. It is important that the centres operating in these areas are supplemented with required staff and equipment, he added.
Chand said that shortage of staff should be attended at appropriate levels and doctors as well as para medical staff must be posted in Primary Health Centres of Dhanga, Pallanwala and other centres.
He said generator sets for all PHCs must be provided for round-the-clock service and also gave directions for purchase of mobile medical unit and two fully equipped ambulances, besides one critical care ambulance.
Chand said health-care centre infrastructures need repair and renovation, so the work must be started on priority and wherever required residential quarters should be constructed.
He said NRHM is a flagship mission and its proper implementation in rural areas can go a long way in addressing the health-care needs of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured