Heavy quilts to be distributed among cloudburst victims
Srinagar: The first consignment of about
1,300 heavy quilts sent by the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine
Board for cloudburst victims today arrived in Leh, officials
Three trucks carrying 1,296 quilts reached Leh while
another instalment of nearly 900 quilts is scheduled to reach
the frontier district on September 30, Chief Executive Officer
of the Board R K Goyal said.
He said the Deputy Commissioner, Leh, has been requested
to distribute these quilts to the identified beneficiaries at
the earliest to save them from harsh winter in Ladakh.
Vohra, on the last day of his three-day visit to the
cloudburst-hit district last month, had announced that the
Board would provide 5,000 heavy quilts for the victims.
On instructions of the Governor, who is also the Chairman
of the Board, Goyal had dispatched a team of Board officers
headed by Additional Chief Executive Officer Mandeep Bhandari
to various manufacturing units in Punjab to procure specially
designed quilts for the affected families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- RIL, BP spend Rs 4,500 crore to maintain gas output at KG-D6
- Government to set up special court for all NSEL cases
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned for Rs 14 lakh
- Fourteen killed, over 20 wounded in suicide attack in Iraq's Kadhmiyah