Heavy quilts to be distributed among cloudburst victims
Srinagar: The first consignment of about
1,300 heavy quilts sent by the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine
Board for cloudburst victims today arrived in Leh, officials
Three trucks carrying 1,296 quilts reached Leh while
another instalment of nearly 900 quilts is scheduled to reach
the frontier district on September 30, Chief Executive Officer
of the Board R K Goyal said.
He said the Deputy Commissioner, Leh, has been requested
to distribute these quilts to the identified beneficiaries at
the earliest to save them from harsh winter in Ladakh.
Vohra, on the last day of his three-day visit to the
cloudburst-hit district last month, had announced that the
Board would provide 5,000 heavy quilts for the victims.
On instructions of the Governor, who is also the Chairman
of the Board, Goyal had dispatched a team of Board officers
headed by Additional Chief Executive Officer Mandeep Bhandari
to various manufacturing units in Punjab to procure specially
designed quilts for the affected families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption