Heavy quilts to be distributed among cloudburst victims
Srinagar: The first consignment of about
1,300 heavy quilts sent by the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine
Board for cloudburst victims today arrived in Leh, officials
Three trucks carrying 1,296 quilts reached Leh while
another instalment of nearly 900 quilts is scheduled to reach
the frontier district on September 30, Chief Executive Officer
of the Board R K Goyal said.
He said the Deputy Commissioner, Leh, has been requested
to distribute these quilts to the identified beneficiaries at
the earliest to save them from harsh winter in Ladakh.
Vohra, on the last day of his three-day visit to the
cloudburst-hit district last month, had announced that the
Board would provide 5,000 heavy quilts for the victims.
On instructions of the Governor, who is also the Chairman
of the Board, Goyal had dispatched a team of Board officers
headed by Additional Chief Executive Officer Mandeep Bhandari
to various manufacturing units in Punjab to procure specially
designed quilts for the affected families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!