Heavy security for J&K Assembly’s Budget Session
Jammu: Heavy security has been put in place around Jammu where the Budget Session of the state legislature begins Monday morning. More than 2,000 security personnel are guarding the legislature complex and the roads leading to it.
According to police sources, this step has been taken following reports of terrorist threats. The police have some intercepts.
While the policemen have taken positions at the rooftops, and areas overlooking the legislature complex, closed circuit television cameras too have been installed at crucial points.
The Budget Session will commence with an address by Governor NN Vohra to the joint session of the two houses -- the Legislative Assembly and the Council -- around mid-morning.
Speaker Mohammad Akbar Lone said that all arrangements for a smooth session have been completed. "I hope that things would be quite smooth and the focus would be on raising issues of public importance," he said.
According to official sources, the Governor`s address would outline the return and rehabilitation policy of the government for militants, currently in Pakistan administered Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days