Heavy snowfall at Vaishnodevi shrine
Jammu: The cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi on Trikuta Hills in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district received heavy snowfall, even as thousands of pilgrims reached there to offer prayers on the first day of the new year on Wednesday.
There was heavy snowfall at the cave shrine and entire Trikuta Hills during the night, officials of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board (SMVSB) said today.
Bhawan--the abode of Mata Vashno Devi-- received nearly one foot snowfall while Bharov Ghati received more than one foot snowfall, they said.
Despite the cold wave conditions and snowfall, thousands of pilgrims were making a beeline at the cave shrine and enroute to pay obeisance at the shrine.
Over 45,000 pilgrims had arrived in Katra, the base camp of the shrine, in past two days to offer prayers on the first day of the year, the officials said.
They, however, maintained that the yatra is going on smoothly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you