Heavy snowfall fails to deter Vaishnodevi pilgrims
Jammu: The Vaishnodevi pilgrimage is going
on despite snowfall continuing in and around the cave shrine
in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district, officials said.
"Snowfall is continuing in and around the Mata
Vaishnodevi shrine. There is already four to five inches of
snowfall triggering extreme cold conditions," they said.
The shrine and its adjoining area at Trikuta hills
received the season`s first snowfall on January 6.
Despite the cold condition, the pilgrimage is going on
smoothly and over 5,000 pilgrims are undertaking yatra to the
shrine, they said.
Helicopter services for the pilgrims have been suspended
in view of the snowfall, they said.
There has been continuous snowfall in Bhaderwah, Batote,
Kishtwar, Patnitop, Banihal, Pir Panchal ranges in Poonch and
Rajouri districts, besides Bani, Mahore areas in Kathua and
Reasi districts since yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India