Heavy snowfall fails to deter Vaishnodevi pilgrims
Jammu: The Vaishnodevi pilgrimage is going
on despite snowfall continuing in and around the cave shrine
in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district, officials said.
"Snowfall is continuing in and around the Mata
Vaishnodevi shrine. There is already four to five inches of
snowfall triggering extreme cold conditions," they said.
The shrine and its adjoining area at Trikuta hills
received the season`s first snowfall on January 6.
Despite the cold condition, the pilgrimage is going on
smoothly and over 5,000 pilgrims are undertaking yatra to the
shrine, they said.
Helicopter services for the pilgrims have been suspended
in view of the snowfall, they said.
There has been continuous snowfall in Bhaderwah, Batote,
Kishtwar, Patnitop, Banihal, Pir Panchal ranges in Poonch and
Rajouri districts, besides Bani, Mahore areas in Kathua and
Reasi districts since yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah