Helping-women,children-"innocent victims" : Omar
Srinagar: Describing women and children as "innocent victims" of militancy, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said his government was gradually pulling them out of psychological and physical trauma by providing helpful atmosphere to live a normal life.
"The children and women in the state had to bear the severe brunt of militancy even as the society in general suffered a lot. They were most innocent victims of the militancy who had no say and nothing to do with anything in this regard," Omar said speaking at the Chairpersons` meet of Social Welfare Boards of various States in the city .
He said the psychological and physical trauma they had gone through in the period of disturbance had created deep scars on their mind.
"The state Government was gradually pulling them out of this pain and providing palatable and helpful atmosphere to heal their wounds and helping them live a normal life," he said adding "our endeavor has been to keep their optimism alive and work for their bright future."
Omar said the visit of Chairpersons of Social Welfare Boards from various States and the Centre and their interaction with women folk at various levels would not only help to restore confidence in these women but also in those who are enthusiastic to serve the society.
Referring to the prevailing situation, he said the perception generated during the period of militancy regarding visiting Jammu and Kashmir for security reasons has to be removed.
"I would like you to carry the message from this place to whole of the country, reflecting the positive change and peaceful atmosphere gaining ground in the State especially in the valley. You represent all corners of India and I would like you to tell your countrymen what you have felt and experienced here during your stay," Omar told the Chairpersons.
He said the people of the State are known for their hospitality.
"We would like more and more visitors traveling here and relishing the natural beauty and hospitality of the people."
The Chairperson of National Social Welfare Board Preama Carippa and State Chairperson Khem Lata Wukhloo introduced the chairpersons from various states to the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note