Heroin worth 10 cr recovered along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Heroin, worth Rs 10 crore in the international market, was recovered by the BSF along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu district, an official said on Friday.
On specific information, troops of 32 Battalion of BSF launched a search operation along International Border in Brahman Bela area under Pargwal belt of Akhnoor tehsil in the district, a senior BSF officer said.
"They seized fake Indian currency having face value of Rs 2,00,000 and approximately 2 kg Heroin," he said, adding no one was arrested.
"The above mentioned items were buried under the soil at a distance of 5 meters from the border towards Indian territory. It is assumed that anti-national elements were looking for an right opportunity to ferry this consignment into Indian side", the officer said.
The face value of the seized heroin is approximately 10 crores in the International market, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon