Heroin worth 10 cr recovered along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Heroin, worth Rs 10 crore in the international market, was recovered by the BSF along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu district, an official said on Friday.
On specific information, troops of 32 Battalion of BSF launched a search operation along International Border in Brahman Bela area under Pargwal belt of Akhnoor tehsil in the district, a senior BSF officer said.
"They seized fake Indian currency having face value of Rs 2,00,000 and approximately 2 kg Heroin," he said, adding no one was arrested.
"The above mentioned items were buried under the soil at a distance of 5 meters from the border towards Indian territory. It is assumed that anti-national elements were looking for an right opportunity to ferry this consignment into Indian side", the officer said.
The face value of the seized heroin is approximately 10 crores in the International market, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says