Heroin worth 10 cr recovered along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Heroin, worth Rs 10 crore in the international market, was recovered by the BSF along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu district, an official said on Friday.
On specific information, troops of 32 Battalion of BSF launched a search operation along International Border in Brahman Bela area under Pargwal belt of Akhnoor tehsil in the district, a senior BSF officer said.
"They seized fake Indian currency having face value of Rs 2,00,000 and approximately 2 kg Heroin," he said, adding no one was arrested.
"The above mentioned items were buried under the soil at a distance of 5 meters from the border towards Indian territory. It is assumed that anti-national elements were looking for an right opportunity to ferry this consignment into Indian side", the officer said.
The face value of the seized heroin is approximately 10 crores in the International market, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar's family files FIR against Mayawati after BSP rampage