Heroin worth 10 cr recovered along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Heroin, worth Rs 10 crore in the international market, was recovered by the BSF along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu district, an official said on Friday.
On specific information, troops of 32 Battalion of BSF launched a search operation along International Border in Brahman Bela area under Pargwal belt of Akhnoor tehsil in the district, a senior BSF officer said.
"They seized fake Indian currency having face value of Rs 2,00,000 and approximately 2 kg Heroin," he said, adding no one was arrested.
"The above mentioned items were buried under the soil at a distance of 5 meters from the border towards Indian territory. It is assumed that anti-national elements were looking for an right opportunity to ferry this consignment into Indian side", the officer said.
The face value of the seized heroin is approximately 10 crores in the International market, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP