Heroin worth 10 cr recovered along Indo-Pak border
Jammu: Heroin, worth Rs 10 crore in the international market, was recovered by the BSF along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu district, an official said on Friday.
On specific information, troops of 32 Battalion of BSF launched a search operation along International Border in Brahman Bela area under Pargwal belt of Akhnoor tehsil in the district, a senior BSF officer said.
"They seized fake Indian currency having face value of Rs 2,00,000 and approximately 2 kg Heroin," he said, adding no one was arrested.
"The above mentioned items were buried under the soil at a distance of 5 meters from the border towards Indian territory. It is assumed that anti-national elements were looking for an right opportunity to ferry this consignment into Indian side", the officer said.
The face value of the seized heroin is approximately 10 crores in the International market, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read