High danger avalanche warning for higher hills in Kashmir
Srinagar: Authorities on Wednesday issued a high danger avalanche warning in several areas in Kashmir Valley and Ladakh division.
"A high danger avalanche warning has been issued by SASE through State Disaster Management Authority for higher reaches in Tangmarg and Khilanmarg areas," an official spokesman said.
A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued in areas close to the Line of Control (LoC) including Chowkibal, Nawgam, Tangdhar, Furkiyan, Machil, Gurez, Drass and Kargil he said.
Other areas where there is a possibility of avalanche are Banihal, Sonamarg and Zojila, the spokesman said.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been requested to exercise extreme caution," he said adding the warning is valid till tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state