High danger avalanche warning for higher hills in Kashmir
Srinagar: Authorities on Wednesday issued a high danger avalanche warning in several areas in Kashmir Valley and Ladakh division.
"A high danger avalanche warning has been issued by SASE through State Disaster Management Authority for higher reaches in Tangmarg and Khilanmarg areas," an official spokesman said.
A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued in areas close to the Line of Control (LoC) including Chowkibal, Nawgam, Tangdhar, Furkiyan, Machil, Gurez, Drass and Kargil he said.
Other areas where there is a possibility of avalanche are Banihal, Sonamarg and Zojila, the spokesman said.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been requested to exercise extreme caution," he said adding the warning is valid till tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY