High danger avalanche warning for higher hills in Kashmir
Srinagar: Authorities on Wednesday issued a high danger avalanche warning in several areas in Kashmir Valley and Ladakh division.
"A high danger avalanche warning has been issued by SASE through State Disaster Management Authority for higher reaches in Tangmarg and Khilanmarg areas," an official spokesman said.
A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued in areas close to the Line of Control (LoC) including Chowkibal, Nawgam, Tangdhar, Furkiyan, Machil, Gurez, Drass and Kargil he said.
Other areas where there is a possibility of avalanche are Banihal, Sonamarg and Zojila, the spokesman said.
"People living in these snow-bound areas have been requested to exercise extreme caution," he said adding the warning is valid till tomorrow evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?