High-level committee reviews relief work in Ladakh
Srinagar: A high-level empowered committee headed by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Secretary SS Kapur has reviewed the implementation of relief works under Prime
Minister`s special package for flood victims in Ladakh.
Kapur, accompanied by administrative secretaries of departments like Health, Planning, yesterday visited Leh and Kargil, which was devastated by cloudburst and flash floods
last month, an official spokesman said here.
The objective was to ensure timely restoration of relief works before the onset of winter and to weigh up fund requirement for restoration of public utility services, he
Kapur stressed the need to accelerate rehabilitation and relief works, saying these should completed by October end.
Referring to reclamation of agricultural land, he stressed the need to complete the reclamation of such land in Leh by next season.
The NREGA scheme was a good source of funding for reconstructing damaged infrastructure, he said, adding work should be done to estimate the actual need of fund.
He also emphasised on identifying missing persons through police and local enquiry so that steps could be taken for the release of ex-gratia to the affected families.
Earlier, the chief secretary and Committee members visited the worst-hit flood areas of Tashi Gatsal. They also went to Solar Colony where the homeless are being
The Committee also visited Kargil to take stock of restoration works following the cloudburst and flash-floods.
A joint-meeting of Kargil Hill Development Council (KHDC) was convened to take appraisal of the measures put in place for restoration of basic infrastructure in the district.
Chief executive councillor Kachu Ahmad Ali Khan, Executive Councillors and Deputy Commissioner (Kargil) M Raju participated in the meeting.
Raju said 16 residential houses were completely damaged in the flash floods while 38 residential structures have been damaged partially.
Of the total 139 link roads damaged in the calamity, 96 link roads have been temporarily restored to ensure road communication in these areas.
Similarly, 62 irrigation schemes and 80 water supply schemes have been restored, he said, adding out of 990 damaged rural development schemes, 169 schemes have been rebuilt.
The Chief secretary assured that will be no constraint of funds for reconstruction of vital infrastructure in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened