Hindu body for CBI probe into land encroachments
Jammu: A Hindu body on Sunday demanded a CBI probe into temple land encroachments in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We demand CBI probe into illegal selling and encroachment of temple land by land mafia," All Party Hindu Coordination Committee (APHCC) core member Pritam Sharma told reporters here.
"The government should also pass JK Hindu Shrine Bill to protect temples in the state from land mafia," he said. APHCC is an amalgam of various Dogra and Kashmiri Hindu organisations.
Another core member, Vinod Pandit, said temples in the JK need protection from land mafias and accused the state government of failing in this front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch