Hindu body for CBI probe into land encroachments
Jammu: A Hindu body on Sunday demanded a CBI probe into temple land encroachments in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We demand CBI probe into illegal selling and encroachment of temple land by land mafia," All Party Hindu Coordination Committee (APHCC) core member Pritam Sharma told reporters here.
"The government should also pass JK Hindu Shrine Bill to protect temples in the state from land mafia," he said. APHCC is an amalgam of various Dogra and Kashmiri Hindu organisations.
Another core member, Vinod Pandit, said temples in the JK need protection from land mafias and accused the state government of failing in this front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest