Hindu body for CBI probe into land encroachments
Jammu: A Hindu body on Sunday demanded a CBI probe into temple land encroachments in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We demand CBI probe into illegal selling and encroachment of temple land by land mafia," All Party Hindu Coordination Committee (APHCC) core member Pritam Sharma told reporters here.
"The government should also pass JK Hindu Shrine Bill to protect temples in the state from land mafia," he said. APHCC is an amalgam of various Dogra and Kashmiri Hindu organisations.
Another core member, Vinod Pandit, said temples in the JK need protection from land mafias and accused the state government of failing in this front.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda