Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu
Jammu: The body of the self-styled
Hizbul Mujahideen Deputy Divisional Commander Subash Shaan,
killed by the security forces in a fierce gunbattle, was on Wednesday
buried as per Muslim rituals after his family refused to take
"Family (of Subash) has not taken the body. It is not
cremated. The body has been buried as per the Muslim rituals
by the locals in Nawapachi area of Kishtwar district," a
senior police officer said.
In a major success, 11 Rastriya Rifles of Army and
police had yesterday shot dead Deputy Divisional Commander of
Hizbul Mujahideen `Subash Shaan` - a Hindu militant- in a
fierce gunbattle in remote Thachna-Gokund forests in
Nawapachi belt of Kishtwar district.
Subash Kumar Shaan alias Kamran alias Wasif, had
joined militancy in 2001 and operated in south of Pirpanchal
belt in Kishtwar-Doda-Ramban region.
Shaan, son of Jeevan Lal, resident of Radhna village
in Palmar belt in Kishtwar district, had later converted to
Shaan was involved in killing of six persons,
including three army jawans, and was also wanted in seven
cases, the SSP said.
In the recently concluded panchayat polls, he was
actively involved in extortion and his sway extended to
Tatwoin, Metwan and Dachin areas, the spokesman said.
Subash had thrice eluded security forces after he was
corned in the past few months, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon