Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu
Jammu: The body of the self-styled
Hizbul Mujahideen Deputy Divisional Commander Subash Shaan,
killed by the security forces in a fierce gunbattle, was on Wednesday
buried as per Muslim rituals after his family refused to take
"Family (of Subash) has not taken the body. It is not
cremated. The body has been buried as per the Muslim rituals
by the locals in Nawapachi area of Kishtwar district," a
senior police officer said.
In a major success, 11 Rastriya Rifles of Army and
police had yesterday shot dead Deputy Divisional Commander of
Hizbul Mujahideen `Subash Shaan` - a Hindu militant- in a
fierce gunbattle in remote Thachna-Gokund forests in
Nawapachi belt of Kishtwar district.
Subash Kumar Shaan alias Kamran alias Wasif, had
joined militancy in 2001 and operated in south of Pirpanchal
belt in Kishtwar-Doda-Ramban region.
Shaan, son of Jeevan Lal, resident of Radhna village
in Palmar belt in Kishtwar district, had later converted to
Shaan was involved in killing of six persons,
including three army jawans, and was also wanted in seven
cases, the SSP said.
In the recently concluded panchayat polls, he was
actively involved in extortion and his sway extended to
Tatwoin, Metwan and Dachin areas, the spokesman said.
Subash had thrice eluded security forces after he was
corned in the past few months, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair