Hindu commander of Hizbul killed in Jammu
Jammu: The body of the self-styled
Hizbul Mujahideen Deputy Divisional Commander Subash Shaan,
killed by the security forces in a fierce gunbattle, was on Wednesday
buried as per Muslim rituals after his family refused to take
"Family (of Subash) has not taken the body. It is not
cremated. The body has been buried as per the Muslim rituals
by the locals in Nawapachi area of Kishtwar district," a
senior police officer said.
In a major success, 11 Rastriya Rifles of Army and
police had yesterday shot dead Deputy Divisional Commander of
Hizbul Mujahideen `Subash Shaan` - a Hindu militant- in a
fierce gunbattle in remote Thachna-Gokund forests in
Nawapachi belt of Kishtwar district.
Subash Kumar Shaan alias Kamran alias Wasif, had
joined militancy in 2001 and operated in south of Pirpanchal
belt in Kishtwar-Doda-Ramban region.
Shaan, son of Jeevan Lal, resident of Radhna village
in Palmar belt in Kishtwar district, had later converted to
Shaan was involved in killing of six persons,
including three army jawans, and was also wanted in seven
cases, the SSP said.
In the recently concluded panchayat polls, he was
actively involved in extortion and his sway extended to
Tatwoin, Metwan and Dachin areas, the spokesman said.
Subash had thrice eluded security forces after he was
corned in the past few months, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females