Hizb militant arrested in Baramulla
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant was arrested in Baramulla district of north Kashmir and a cache of arms and ammunition recovered from his possession, officials said on Friday.
The militant, identified as Hilal Ahmad Peer, was arrested by a police party on a specific information at Tarzoo village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, late yesterday, they said.
An AK assault rifle, three magazines, 15 rounds and three hand grenades were recovered from his possession, they said.
The arrest comes hours after police arrested another top militant Waseem Ahmad Bhat, also hailing from Sopore, from Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB