Hizb militant arrested in Baramulla
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant was arrested in Baramulla district of north Kashmir and a cache of arms and ammunition recovered from his possession, officials said on Friday.
The militant, identified as Hilal Ahmad Peer, was arrested by a police party on a specific information at Tarzoo village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, late yesterday, they said.
An AK assault rifle, three magazines, 15 rounds and three hand grenades were recovered from his possession, they said.
The arrest comes hours after police arrested another top militant Waseem Ahmad Bhat, also hailing from Sopore, from Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future