Hizb militant arrested in Baramulla
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant was arrested in Baramulla district of north Kashmir and a cache of arms and ammunition recovered from his possession, officials said on Friday.
The militant, identified as Hilal Ahmad Peer, was arrested by a police party on a specific information at Tarzoo village of Sopore, 55 kms from here, late yesterday, they said.
An AK assault rifle, three magazines, 15 rounds and three hand grenades were recovered from his possession, they said.
The arrest comes hours after police arrested another top militant Waseem Ahmad Bhat, also hailing from Sopore, from Jammu.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma