Hizb militant arrested in North Kashmir
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant was
on Saturday arrested from Pattan area of North Kashmir`s Baramulla
district, police said.
"On a specific input, police with the assistance of the
54 Battalion CRPF and 29 RR, arrested a Pakistan trained
militant at Chinar Colony Pattan," they said.
The arrested militant was identified as Nisar Ahmad
Rather alias Abu Kamal, a resident of Check Badrinath in South
Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
One Chinese pistol along with one magazine, five rounds
of live ammunition and two Chinese hand grenades were
recovered from Rather`s possession.
A case under relevant section of J&K Arms Act has been
registered against the militants.
Rather had crossed over to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
(PoK) in 1999 and had recently infiltrated back.
He had been operating in Beerwah, Pakherpora, Kreeri,
Pattan areas of North and Central Kashmir for some time now.
Police described Rather`s arrest as a major success.
"It will lead police to know about the group
activities in the area, their future plans and strategy
and their role in the recent killings in the district," police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video