Hizb militant arrested in North Kashmir
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen militant was
on Saturday arrested from Pattan area of North Kashmir`s Baramulla
district, police said.
"On a specific input, police with the assistance of the
54 Battalion CRPF and 29 RR, arrested a Pakistan trained
militant at Chinar Colony Pattan," they said.
The arrested militant was identified as Nisar Ahmad
Rather alias Abu Kamal, a resident of Check Badrinath in South
Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
One Chinese pistol along with one magazine, five rounds
of live ammunition and two Chinese hand grenades were
recovered from Rather`s possession.
A case under relevant section of J&K Arms Act has been
registered against the militants.
Rather had crossed over to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
(PoK) in 1999 and had recently infiltrated back.
He had been operating in Beerwah, Pakherpora, Kreeri,
Pattan areas of North and Central Kashmir for some time now.
Police described Rather`s arrest as a major success.
"It will lead police to know about the group
activities in the area, their future plans and strategy
and their role in the recent killings in the district," police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical