Hizbul militant killed, Hindu member trapped in gun-battle
Jammu: A militant of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen was killed in a gun-battle in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kishtwar district Friday, while a Hindu member of the outfit was still exchanging fire with the security forces till late at night.
A police officer in Kishtwar, 240 km north-east of Jammu, told a news service on phone that a joint operational unit of the Rashtriya Rifles and police raided a suspected hideout of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants in the forested belt of Pinjraran Darhan in the district.
In the ensuing gun-battle, top militant Prince alias Firdous was killed. The official said that a Hindu terrorist, Subash, was also trapped in the jungles and was still firing at the security forces.
There are a few Hindu terrorists too in the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen group, especially in the mountainous districts of Doda and Kishtwar in the Jammu region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand