Hizbul militant killed in encounter
Jammu: A top Hizbul Mujahideen militant was killed and two special police officers injured in an encounter between security forces and troops in Reasi district on Saturday.
Acting on a tip off, troops cordoned off an area in Arnaf in the district, 130 kms from here, late last night.
Militants then fired on a party of Rashtriya Rifles troops who retaliated.
A divisional commander of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit Abu Bakr was killed in the ensuing encounter, police said, adding he was a Pakistani national. An AK rifle and two grenades were recovered from him.
In the encounter, two special police officers Ashraf and Murtaza were injured.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!