Hizbul militant killed in encounter
Jammu: A top Hizbul Mujahideen militant was killed and two special police officers injured in an encounter between security forces and troops in Reasi district on Saturday.
Acting on a tip off, troops cordoned off an area in Arnaf in the district, 130 kms from here, late last night.
Militants then fired on a party of Rashtriya Rifles troops who retaliated.
A divisional commander of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit Abu Bakr was killed in the ensuing encounter, police said, adding he was a Pakistani national. An AK rifle and two grenades were recovered from him.
In the encounter, two special police officers Ashraf and Murtaza were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'