Hizbul militant killed in encounter
Jammu: A top Hizbul Mujahideen militant was killed and two special police officers injured in an encounter between security forces and troops in Reasi district on Saturday.
Acting on a tip off, troops cordoned off an area in Arnaf in the district, 130 kms from here, late last night.
Militants then fired on a party of Rashtriya Rifles troops who retaliated.
A divisional commander of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit Abu Bakr was killed in the ensuing encounter, police said, adding he was a Pakistani national. An AK rifle and two grenades were recovered from him.
In the encounter, two special police officers Ashraf and Murtaza were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...