Hizbul Mujahideen ultra arrested in J&K
Srinagar: A suspected Hizbul Mujahideen militant was Wednesday arrested alongwith a grenade in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, a police spokesman said.
Zahoor Ahmad Sheikh alias "Zabeeullah", a resident of Kachmulla village of Tral, was arrested by a joint search party of police and troops of 42 Rashtriya Rifles and 180
battalion CRPF from Shikargah forest, 45 kms from here, he said.
A hand grenade and 10 rounds of ammunition were recovered from the possession of Sheikh, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh