HKB launches Hariyali cattle feed in J&K
Jammu: India`s largest rural retail chain
for cattle feed Hariyali Kisaan Bazaar (HKB) launched its
products here on Sunday to cater to demand in rural areas of Jammu
"Hariyali Kisaan Bazaar has launched its `Hariyali cattle
feed` in Jammu & Kashmir today. It is a pioneering micro-level
effort, which is creating a far-reaching positive impact in
bringing a qualitative change and revolutionising the rural
sector in India," Hariyali Kisaan Bazaar Vice-President Arjun
Uppal told reporters here today.
HKB is the largest rural retail chain of India, with 275
stores and centres under the brand name `Hariyali Kisaan
Bazaar`, spread across eight states in the country.
The brand was launched in 2008 in Hariyali retail outlets
and has grown since, with the brand receiving a tremendous
This was possible because of Hariyali`s expertise in the
business and consistent quality, Uppal said, adding that the
brand is increasing its presence with the launch in J&K.
Speaking on the shortfalls in milk output in the country,
Uppal said, "The gap can only be bridged through increasing
animal productivity. Improving animal nutrition through
availability of high quality concentrated feed is an important
step in this direction and we are trying to plug this gap with
Hariyali cattle feed. The brand has been prepared by experts
in the field of animal nutrition to give high quality cattle
He added, "In J&K, dairying is an important activity for
farmers. Productivity is below the national average and needs
better technical expertise."
Hariyali will make its quality feed available through
Distributors (India). Hariyali will conduct farmer meetings
and provide training and technical literature to ensure proper
adoption and effective results, he said.
Dairy is an important aspect of agriculture today, as
its value represents 20 percent of India’s agricultural
output. Hariyali Kisaan Bazaar works with the twin objectives
of increasing productivity and profitability of the farmers.
While the focus till date has been primarily on
agronomical services, dairy has been identified as an
additional avenue to generate income as meet small and big
farmers have cattle.
The annual consumption of milk in India is increasing at
5-6 per cent and is now at around 250 gms per person per day.
The projections are that the gap between supply and demand
will increase, which reflects the rise in milk prices
The product will meet the BIS Type-II Standards issued
for cattle feed by the government.
"There will be two variants available; Supermix and
Premiummix. Supermix which will cater to animals with
productivity of up to 8 litres of milk per day, while
premiummix will be for animals with more than 8 litres milk
To produce feed, the finest quality of raw materials and
will be used, the product formulated to ensure correct
nutrition for the Milch animals", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow