Hold tripartite dialogue to resolve Kashmir issue: Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Advocating a tripartite dialogue for resolving Kashmir issue, Moderate Hurriyat Conference led by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq on Sunday said the amalgam will extend "fully support" any process which can help in finding a solution to the vexed problem.
"The struggle of Kashmiris cannot be suppressed by force and the leadership of Hurriyat, which is representative of the aspirations of the people, will continue to fully support any process which can help in resolving the (Kashmir) issue," the Mirwaiz told a religious gathering here.
He said resolving Kashmir issue was imperative for lasting peace in the south Asian region.
"The improvement in the situation in Jammu and Kashmir is linked with the resolution of Kashmir issue and this reality should be accepted that till the issue is resolved, the danger to peace in the state and the south Asian region will increase," he said.
The Mirwaiz said a meaningful and result-oriented dialogue involving India, Pakistan and Kashmiri separatist leadership to resolve the issue was unavoidable.
"Delaying tactics in the dialogue process would continue to force the political situation in the region towards further uncertainty," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed