Home delivery of LPG cylinders in Srinagar by March 31: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday directed the state officials to ensure home delivery of LPG cylinders to consumers in Srinagar city and fixed March 31 as the deadline for the project.
The Chief Minister said the practice of delivering LPG cylinders to consumers on identified points in various areas should be done away with by ensuring home service by March 31.
He asked the divisional administration to take all necessary measures in this regard and sensitise LPG dealers accordingly.
"LPG dealers should take immediate necessary action in this regard and give due publicity to the schedule of home delivery so that people are well aware about it and do not face any inconvenience," he said in a high-level meeting called in wake of heavy snowfall.
Omar asked for initiating a time-bound road map for putting in place this mechanism.
Omar also obtained details about the arrangements made by the administration for Eid-i-Milad-un-Nabi (the birthday of Prophet Muhammad) and Republic Day celebrations.
The Chief Minister was given full account of the status of restoration of power and water supply, road clearance, stock and supply of essentials and preparedness of the administration to face eventualities on account of weather vagaries and heavy snow fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill