Home delivery of LPG cylinders in Srinagar by March 31: Omar
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday directed the state officials to ensure home delivery of LPG cylinders to consumers in Srinagar city and fixed March 31 as the deadline for the project.
The Chief Minister said the practice of delivering LPG cylinders to consumers on identified points in various areas should be done away with by ensuring home service by March 31.
He asked the divisional administration to take all necessary measures in this regard and sensitise LPG dealers accordingly.
"LPG dealers should take immediate necessary action in this regard and give due publicity to the schedule of home delivery so that people are well aware about it and do not face any inconvenience," he said in a high-level meeting called in wake of heavy snowfall.
Omar asked for initiating a time-bound road map for putting in place this mechanism.
Omar also obtained details about the arrangements made by the administration for Eid-i-Milad-un-Nabi (the birthday of Prophet Muhammad) and Republic Day celebrations.
The Chief Minister was given full account of the status of restoration of power and water supply, road clearance, stock and supply of essentials and preparedness of the administration to face eventualities on account of weather vagaries and heavy snow fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why