Home Secretary reviews security scenario in J&K
Srinagar: Union Home Secretary RK Singh
on Wednesday reviewed the security situation, especially in the
aftermath of Sopore custodial death and Surankote fake
encounter, and the development scenario in Jammu and Kashmir
at a meeting with top officials here.
Singh, who arrived here this morning on his maiden visit
to Kashmir after taking over as Home Secretary, chaired the
development review meeting at SKICC on the banks of Dal Lake
here, officials said.
The conservation of the Dal Lake, rehabilitation of the
lake dwellers and other projects came for discussion during
the hour-long meeting, the officials said.
State Chief Secretary Madhav Lal and administrative
secretaries of all departments were present during the review
meeting, they said.
Earlier, Singh called on Governor N N Vohra at Rajbhawan
soon after his arrival. The Home Secretary briefed the
Governor about the purpose of his visit, the officials said.
Singh will also chair a high-level security review meeting
of top Army, BSF, CRPF, police and intelligence officials
later in the day.
He is also scheduled to call on Chief Minister Omar
Abdullah during his two-day visit.
Jammu and Kashmir is the first state being visited by
Singh since he assumed office on July 1.
Singh will be holding a meeting with Corps Commander of
Srinagar-based 15-Corps Lt Gen S A Hasnain on civil-military
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites