Home Secretary reviews security scenario in Kashmir
Srinagar: Union Home Secretary R K Singh on Saturday reviewed the security scenario, including the recent surge in militant attacks, in Kashmir Valley at a high-level meeting here, officials said.
The meeting was attended by senior police, para-military and intelligence officers, they said.
DGP Ashok Prasad and IGP (Kashmir) S M Sahai were among those who attended the meeting which discussed the law and order and the security situation in the Valley.
The recent surge in militant attacks also came up for detailed discussion, the officials said.
Singh, who concluded his two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir, called on Governor N N Vohra at the Raj Bhavan here last evening.
During their an hour-and-a-half meeting, the Governor and the Union Home Secretary discussed various important matters relating to border management, the external security and issues relating to internal order.
Other matters relating to trans-LoC trade and securing sustained peace and normalcy in the state also came up for discussion during the meeting, a Raj Bhavan spokesman had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines