Home Secretary reviews security scenario in Kashmir
Srinagar: Union Home Secretary R K Singh on Saturday reviewed the security scenario, including the recent surge in militant attacks, in Kashmir Valley at a high-level meeting here, officials said.
The meeting was attended by senior police, para-military and intelligence officers, they said.
DGP Ashok Prasad and IGP (Kashmir) S M Sahai were among those who attended the meeting which discussed the law and order and the security situation in the Valley.
The recent surge in militant attacks also came up for detailed discussion, the officials said.
Singh, who concluded his two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir, called on Governor N N Vohra at the Raj Bhavan here last evening.
During their an hour-and-a-half meeting, the Governor and the Union Home Secretary discussed various important matters relating to border management, the external security and issues relating to internal order.
Other matters relating to trans-LoC trade and securing sustained peace and normalcy in the state also came up for discussion during the meeting, a Raj Bhavan spokesman had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what