Home Secretary reviews security scenario in Kashmir
Srinagar: Union Home Secretary R K Singh on Saturday reviewed the security scenario, including the recent surge in militant attacks, in Kashmir Valley at a high-level meeting here, officials said.
The meeting was attended by senior police, para-military and intelligence officers, they said.
DGP Ashok Prasad and IGP (Kashmir) S M Sahai were among those who attended the meeting which discussed the law and order and the security situation in the Valley.
The recent surge in militant attacks also came up for detailed discussion, the officials said.
Singh, who concluded his two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir, called on Governor N N Vohra at the Raj Bhavan here last evening.
During their an hour-and-a-half meeting, the Governor and the Union Home Secretary discussed various important matters relating to border management, the external security and issues relating to internal order.
Other matters relating to trans-LoC trade and securing sustained peace and normalcy in the state also came up for discussion during the meeting, a Raj Bhavan spokesman had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire