Home Secretary reviews security scenario in Kashmir
Srinagar: Union Home Secretary R K Singh on Saturday reviewed the security scenario, including the recent surge in militant attacks, in Kashmir Valley at a high-level meeting here, officials said.
The meeting was attended by senior police, para-military and intelligence officers, they said.
DGP Ashok Prasad and IGP (Kashmir) S M Sahai were among those who attended the meeting which discussed the law and order and the security situation in the Valley.
The recent surge in militant attacks also came up for detailed discussion, the officials said.
Singh, who concluded his two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir, called on Governor N N Vohra at the Raj Bhavan here last evening.
During their an hour-and-a-half meeting, the Governor and the Union Home Secretary discussed various important matters relating to border management, the external security and issues relating to internal order.
Other matters relating to trans-LoC trade and securing sustained peace and normalcy in the state also came up for discussion during the meeting, a Raj Bhavan spokesman had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India