Home Secy visiting Jammu to review security
Jammu: Union Home Secretary RK Singh will be in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday on a day`s visit to review the situation along the international border and the Line of Control, an official said.
Sources said the home secretary will take stock of the internal security situation in the backdrop of the increasing number of encounters in Jammu and Kashmir and the high frequency of infiltration attempts, keeping tension alive on the border.
Singh will be monitoring the Jammu and Kashmir situation from two perspectives: whether the state`s security apparatus is equipped to deal with the situation and whether there is need for extra vigilance on the border.
The home secretary`s trip will follow Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik`s three-day visit to India starting Friday.
A highly placed source in the state government said that the central government does not want any reversal of the situation, which has shown signs of stability over the past two years.
There is, however, concern over controversial statements made by political leaders, especially on the parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere