`Homeland in Kashmir will only satisfy aspiration of KPs`
Jammu: Panun Kashmir, an organisation of displaced Kashmiri Pandits, on Tuesday said the demand of "homeland having a Union Territory status" would alone satisfy the urges and aspirations of the community.
"The demand of Homeland having a Union Territory status with free and full flow of the Indian constitution would alone satisfy the urges and aspirations of the displaced community," Panun Kashmir president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo told reporters here.
He appreciated the recent move of the Narendra Modi government to bring the issues pertaining to the Kashmiri Pandit community on the centre stage of the national political scene.
"We appreciate the recent statement (of President of India on policy of Modi government on KPs) that tend to bring the issues pertaining to the Kashmiri Pandit community on the centre stage of the national political scene," Chrungoo said.
The reference to the Kashmiri Pandits for the first time in the Presidential speech in Parliament reflects the concerns of the leadership of the country towards the displaced community, he said.
"The resettlement of the Kashmiri Pandits in the Kashmir valley is a serious political issue that needs a political settlement for which the genuine representatives of the community need to be taken into confidence," Chrungoo said.
"In this context, we need to be guided by our historical experiences of the past and the recent exodus of 1990," Chrungoo said.
"Panun Kashmir is of the firm view that Kashmir is a settled issue and the only unresolved issue is the reclamation of the PoJK from the clutches of Pakistan as per the unanimous Parliamentary resolution of 1994 on Jammu and Kashmir," Panun Kashmir national spokesperson Virender Raina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM