Hottest ever June first week in Jammu
Jammu: The residents of Jammu experienced the hottest ever first week of June in its history as the maximum temperature touched 42.3 degrees Celsius on Wednesday, an official said on Thursday.
"The ongoing week has been the hottest in Jammu city as far as our records are concerned," said on official of the weather office here.
Very few people were seen on the roads Wednesday because of the heat wave for nearly two weeks with brief relief during this period due to cloud cover.
Businesses and daily life was affected as people chose to remain indoors to avoid the scorching sun outside.
The maximum temperature here Wednesday was 42.3 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was 24 degrees Celsius, said the Met Office.
"Nights are definitely better than last year so far," said a resident of Bhagwati Nagar area in the city.
The summer vacations for government schools in the city begin on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone