Houses, panchayat ghar gutted in two separate fire incidents
Srinagar: Five residential houses, a school building and a panchayat ghar were damaged in two separate fire incidents in north Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Fire broke out at Sheikhpora Chan Mohallah in Handwara area of Kupwara district last night, resulting in complete damage to five residential houses, a primary school building and a cow-shed, the spokesman said.
In another fire incident, the spokesman said a panchayat ghar was partially damaged at Oudoora village near Sheeri in Baramulla district last night.
Police has registered two separate cases and started investigations to ascertain the cause of fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely