Houses, panchayat ghar gutted in two separate fire incidents
Srinagar: Five residential houses, a school building and a panchayat ghar were damaged in two separate fire incidents in north Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Fire broke out at Sheikhpora Chan Mohallah in Handwara area of Kupwara district last night, resulting in complete damage to five residential houses, a primary school building and a cow-shed, the spokesman said.
In another fire incident, the spokesman said a panchayat ghar was partially damaged at Oudoora village near Sheeri in Baramulla district last night.
Police has registered two separate cases and started investigations to ascertain the cause of fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui