Houses, panchayat ghar gutted in two separate fire incidents
Srinagar: Five residential houses, a school building and a panchayat ghar were damaged in two separate fire incidents in north Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Fire broke out at Sheikhpora Chan Mohallah in Handwara area of Kupwara district last night, resulting in complete damage to five residential houses, a primary school building and a cow-shed, the spokesman said.
In another fire incident, the spokesman said a panchayat ghar was partially damaged at Oudoora village near Sheeri in Baramulla district last night.
Police has registered two separate cases and started investigations to ascertain the cause of fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal