Houses, panchayat ghar gutted in two separate fire incidents
Srinagar: Five residential houses, a school building and a panchayat ghar were damaged in two separate fire incidents in north Kashmir, police said on Saturday.
Fire broke out at Sheikhpora Chan Mohallah in Handwara area of Kupwara district last night, resulting in complete damage to five residential houses, a primary school building and a cow-shed, the spokesman said.
In another fire incident, the spokesman said a panchayat ghar was partially damaged at Oudoora village near Sheeri in Baramulla district last night.
Police has registered two separate cases and started investigations to ascertain the cause of fire, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders