Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in J&K
Srinagar: Security forces Tuesday recovered a big haul of arms and ammunition, including nine AK rifles, from near the Line of Control in Uri sector of north Kashmir.
The recoveries were made from Chamb Behak in Bijhama village of Uri, 101 km from here, in Baramulla district as the Army stepped up patrolling to scuttle attempt by militants to sneak into the Valley from across the border with the melting of snow, officials said.
In addition to the AK rifles, the recoveries included two machines guns, as many ammunition drums and grenade launchers and five pistols, they said.
The arms and ammunition were apparently dumped by arms smugglers for use of militants operating in the Valley, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia