Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir
Srinagar: Security forces busted a guerrilla hideout and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district Monday, police said.
"Acting on specific information, police launched a search operation in Fresthar (Kreeri) in Baramulla district today (Monday)," a senior police officer told a news agency.
"A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered in the operation. The seizure included one AK-47 rifle, 5 AK magazines, 111 AK rounds, two Chinese pistols, 3 Chinese magazines, 10 Chinese rounds, 4 high explosive bombs, 27 under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) grenades, 27 Chinese grenades, PIKA rifle ammunition 804 rounds, two country-made 12-bore guns, 3 explosive sticks, one UBGL, 21 improvised explosive device (IED) connectors, 16 IED circuits, 13 IED transformers and two IED batteries" the officer said.
North Kashmir`s Sopore town, 18 km from the village where these recoveries were made, is a hotbed of separatist violence. In order to tackle growing separatist guerrilla activities there, Sopore was recently upgraded to the level of a police district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra