Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir
Srinagar: Security forces busted a guerrilla hideout and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district Monday, police said.
"Acting on specific information, police launched a search operation in Fresthar (Kreeri) in Baramulla district today (Monday)," a senior police officer told a news agency.
"A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered in the operation. The seizure included one AK-47 rifle, 5 AK magazines, 111 AK rounds, two Chinese pistols, 3 Chinese magazines, 10 Chinese rounds, 4 high explosive bombs, 27 under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) grenades, 27 Chinese grenades, PIKA rifle ammunition 804 rounds, two country-made 12-bore guns, 3 explosive sticks, one UBGL, 21 improvised explosive device (IED) connectors, 16 IED circuits, 13 IED transformers and two IED batteries" the officer said.
North Kashmir`s Sopore town, 18 km from the village where these recoveries were made, is a hotbed of separatist violence. In order to tackle growing separatist guerrilla activities there, Sopore was recently upgraded to the level of a police district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap