Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir
Srinagar: Security forces busted a guerrilla hideout and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district Monday, police said.
"Acting on specific information, police launched a search operation in Fresthar (Kreeri) in Baramulla district today (Monday)," a senior police officer told a news agency.
"A huge cache of arms and ammunition was recovered in the operation. The seizure included one AK-47 rifle, 5 AK magazines, 111 AK rounds, two Chinese pistols, 3 Chinese magazines, 10 Chinese rounds, 4 high explosive bombs, 27 under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL) grenades, 27 Chinese grenades, PIKA rifle ammunition 804 rounds, two country-made 12-bore guns, 3 explosive sticks, one UBGL, 21 improvised explosive device (IED) connectors, 16 IED circuits, 13 IED transformers and two IED batteries" the officer said.
North Kashmir`s Sopore town, 18 km from the village where these recoveries were made, is a hotbed of separatist violence. In order to tackle growing separatist guerrilla activities there, Sopore was recently upgraded to the level of a police district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange