Huge cache of arms recovered from militant hideout
Srinagar: A huge cache of arms and ammunition, including 40 hand grenades and 45 kg of explosive material, were recovered from a militant hideout in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district on Friday.
Acting on a specific information, a team of police launched search operations near the Nigli nalla in Chandoosa area, 65 kms from here, and unearthed the cache of arms,
ammunition and explosives dumped there by the militants, official sources said.
Besides 40 hand grenades and 45 kg of explosive material, three AK 47 rifles along with 11 magazines and 306 ammunition rounds were recovered from the spot, they said.
The sources said three pistols, six magazines, 130 rounds, nine radio sets and an antenna was also recovered from the hideout.
Samples of explosive recovered from the spot have been sent to a ballistic laboratory for testing, they said.
The sources said the militants had probably dumped the arms and ammunition after security forces stepped up operations against the ultras in north Kashmir, where more
than 33 militants have been killed this month alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list