Huge cache of arms recovered in J&K
Reasi: Security personnel on Thursday busted a militant hideout and recovered a huge cache of arms, ammunitions and several documents in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district.
One AK 47 rifle, 44 rounds, one IED wire, one bundle charger wire, four IED charger busters, two 6 volts battery, a binoculars, one wireless set, a gelatine stick, three torches, one kilogram of IED splinters, two kilogram explosive, hand grenades, one wireless, a voice recorder, a letter pad of Jaish-e-Mohammed and some other documents and material were recovered.
"We have gunned down about 28 to 29 militants in last 4-5 months. One militant was arrested and one had surrendered to us. We wish to find out all their hideouts and bust them so that no militants can operate form here in the near future," said Surendra Chaudhary Deputy Superintendent of Police, Reasi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch