Huge cache of arms recovered in J&K
Reasi: Security personnel on Thursday busted a militant hideout and recovered a huge cache of arms, ammunitions and several documents in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district.
One AK 47 rifle, 44 rounds, one IED wire, one bundle charger wire, four IED charger busters, two 6 volts battery, a binoculars, one wireless set, a gelatine stick, three torches, one kilogram of IED splinters, two kilogram explosive, hand grenades, one wireless, a voice recorder, a letter pad of Jaish-e-Mohammed and some other documents and material were recovered.
"We have gunned down about 28 to 29 militants in last 4-5 months. One militant was arrested and one had surrendered to us. We wish to find out all their hideouts and bust them so that no militants can operate form here in the near future," said Surendra Chaudhary Deputy Superintendent of Police, Reasi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi