Huge cache of arms seized in Doda
Jammu: Security forces on Saturday busted a militant
hideout and seized huge cache of arms and ammunitions in Doda
district, a senior Army officer said.
Five rifles, five kg RDX and 1,400 rounds of ammunition
were recovered in a joint operation launched by 10 Rashtriya
Rifles and state police in Mansu Nallah belt of Dessa area,
the officer said.
The recovery from the hideout included one sniper rifle
with three magazines and 37 rounds, one carbine with one
magazine and five rounds, one SLR with 104 rounds, one
binocular, two local made revolvers.
In addition, one Under Barrel Grenade Launcher, 25
grenades of UBGL, 1,356 rounds of AK-47 ammunition, four radio
sets, 15 Chinese grenades, 8 rounds of RPG, five kg RDX, one
battery for IED mechanism, 23 detonators, 40 sticks of gelatin
and 9 rounds of 60mm Mortar ammunition were also recovered in
the raid, he added.
This is one of the biggest recoveries of arms and
ammunition in recent times, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh