Huge cache of explosives recovered in J&K
Jammu: A day ahead of Independence Day, security forces on Tuesday unearthed a militant hideout in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of 60 Rashtriya Rifles and Police busted the hideout in Gambhiri forest area in Kotranka belt of Rajouri district, defence spokesman Col RK Palta told PTI.
One .303 rifle, 242 rounds of AK-rifle, eight high explosive rockets, one high explosive plastic round, 11 hand grenades, six UBGL grenades, 17 electronic detonators, two IED circuits, 100 grams of plastic explosive and one IED black box were among the seized items, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs