Huge cache of explosives recovered in J&K
Jammu: A day ahead of Independence Day, security forces on Tuesday unearthed a militant hideout in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir and recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition.
Acting on a tip-off, troops of 60 Rashtriya Rifles and Police busted the hideout in Gambhiri forest area in Kotranka belt of Rajouri district, defence spokesman Col RK Palta told PTI.
One .303 rifle, 242 rounds of AK-rifle, eight high explosive rockets, one high explosive plastic round, 11 hand grenades, six UBGL grenades, 17 electronic detonators, two IED circuits, 100 grams of plastic explosive and one IED black box were among the seized items, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!