Hurriyat calls for intense protests during Obama`s visit
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference
headed by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Saturday asked people to
intensify protests in the Kashmir Valley during US President
Barack Obama`s visit to India next week.
"We appeal to the people to intensify the protests
during the US president`s Delhi visit and express their
resentment towards the forced occupation of Jammu and
Kashmir," hardline Hurriyat`s General Secretary Nisar Ahmad
Rather said in a statement here.
The Hurriyat leader also appealed to the US president
to solve the "Kashmir issue" as per the United Nations
"Obama claims to be the champion of bringing peace in
the world. If he really wishes to establish peace in the
sub-continent, he has to help in resolving the Kashmir issue,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future