Hurriyat calls for intense protests during Obama`s visit
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference
headed by Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Saturday asked people to
intensify protests in the Kashmir Valley during US President
Barack Obama`s visit to India next week.
"We appeal to the people to intensify the protests
during the US president`s Delhi visit and express their
resentment towards the forced occupation of Jammu and
Kashmir," hardline Hurriyat`s General Secretary Nisar Ahmad
Rather said in a statement here.
The Hurriyat leader also appealed to the US president
to solve the "Kashmir issue" as per the United Nations
"Obama claims to be the champion of bringing peace in
the world. If he really wishes to establish peace in the
sub-continent, he has to help in resolving the Kashmir issue,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley