Hurriyat condemns US attorney`s statement on Mirwaiz
Srinagar: Moderate faction of Hurriyat
Conference on Saturday rubbished as "figment of imagination" the
claims made by US attorney Neil H Macbride that its Chairman
Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was controlled by Pakistan`s ISI.
"The statement made by Macbride about the Mirwaiz is
his figment of imagination and laughable," Hurriyat said in a
The statement was issued soon after the Mirwaiz returned
here from a fortnight-long tour during which he visited Geneva
to attend UN Human Rights Council meeting and performed Umrah
in Saudi Arabia.
"Not only Mirwaiz, many people including justice-loving
people in India, have written letters of support to Kashmir
American Council chairman G N Fai.
The US attorney has used
their letters to level false allegations on them, which is not
only unfortunate but condemnable as well," the Hurriyat said.
The amalgam claimed that the "movement" in Kashmir was
indigenous and was not being run at the behest of outside
Attorney MacBride had made the claim before the US
District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, ahead of the scheduled
sentencing of Syed Ghulam Nabi Fai who had set up an
organisation Kashmiri American Council in the US to promote
the separatist cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY