Hurriyat leader Al-Moosvi meets Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, discusses J&K's situation
New Delhi: All Parties Hurriyat Conference (APHC) leader Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi on Tuesday met Pakistan High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit and discussed the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
The meeting comes in the backdrop of continued unrest in the Valley which has been witnessing violent protests since July 8 after the killing of Hizbul terrorist Burhan Wani, who has been hailed by Pakistan government as a "martyr".
"The APHC leader Syed Al-Moosvi met Basit at the High Commission here and discussed the situation in the state," Pakistan High Commission sources said. However, they did not divulge any further details of the meeting.
Syed Al-Moosvi along with other party leaders had strongly condemned the restrictions and use of force by security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM