Hurriyat members meet Afzal Guru`s family
Srinagar: A team of leaders of the moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference on Sunday visited the bereaved family of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru at Sopore in Baramulla district of Kashmir.
"A delegation of Hurriyat leaders including Musadiq Adil, GN Zaki and Farooq Ahmad Tawhedi met the family members of Guru after they were successful in breaking the cordon thrown by the government around his house," a spokesman of the amalgam said.
The delegation had to take a boat to cross the Jhelum river and reach Guru`s house at Jagir in Sopore, he said.
The delegation expressed their sympathies with the bereaved family, relatives and people of the area, the spokesman said.
"The delegation paid tributes to Guru and saluted his courage, bravery, and sacrifice. The delegates told the family that Guru has become a symbol of the Kashmiri freedom struggle," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi