Hurriyat members meet Afzal Guru`s family
Srinagar: A team of leaders of the moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference on Sunday visited the bereaved family of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru at Sopore in Baramulla district of Kashmir.
"A delegation of Hurriyat leaders including Musadiq Adil, GN Zaki and Farooq Ahmad Tawhedi met the family members of Guru after they were successful in breaking the cordon thrown by the government around his house," a spokesman of the amalgam said.
The delegation had to take a boat to cross the Jhelum river and reach Guru`s house at Jagir in Sopore, he said.
The delegation expressed their sympathies with the bereaved family, relatives and people of the area, the spokesman said.
"The delegation paid tributes to Guru and saluted his courage, bravery, and sacrifice. The delegates told the family that Guru has become a symbol of the Kashmiri freedom struggle," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof