Hurriyat not against return of KPs to Valley: Geel
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Thursday said the amalgam was never against return of Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley but opposed settling them in separate colonies.
"We have never opposed return of Kashmiri Pandits, but are against creating separate zones for them. It is an attempt to divide Kashmiris along religious lines, which is harmful to our cause," Geelani said in a statement.
Responding to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah`s statement, Geelani said he was making such statements to earn "brownie points" from the Centre.
"People like Omar raise Kashmir issue only for vote bank politics. Otherwise, they consider Indian occupation of the state as final. They are only interested in power," he added.
Omar, addressing a public rally yesterday, had said that Geelani was misleading people about the rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits.
He had challenged the Hurriyat hawk to raise the settling of Pakistanis in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) or bringing back part of the state from China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing